A former Managing Director of the Daily Times Nigeria Plc and a member of the All Progressives Congress, Dr Adinoyi Ojo Onukaba is dead.
Ojo-Onukaba, a governorship aspirant in the last Kogi Primary election, was reportedly killed at about 6pm on the Ilesha-Akure Road, about ten minutes to Akure, on his way back from the official inauguration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo Library.
Although details of the circumstances surrounding his death are sketchy, one of his relations, Yusuf Itopa confirmed his death in Lokoja on Monday, and said that late veteran journalist turned politician was knocked down by an oncoming vehicle while running into a nearby bush to escape an armed robbery attack.
Itopa who is devastated by the death of Onukaba said that three of them, including his driver, were travelling when they ran into a blockade mounted by armed robbers.
He said Onukaba’s ‘s corpse was later deposited at a mortuary in Akure from where it will be brought for burial today in his hometown, Ihima, Okehi Local Government area of Kogi State.
The late Onukaba was also Senior Special Assistant on media to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar
- I Beat My Wife Because of the Recession – Husband Tells Court
- President Buhari Approves of New Appointment Three Days After Resumption
- Senate rejects Magu as EFCC Chairman, Again
- Mercy Johnson Okojie appointed as the new SSA by Governor Bello of Kogi State
- Man to be delayed in prison for assaulting police officer, court clerk