An Ibadan High Court Justice, Justice Adegboye Gbolagunte, has sentenced a 200 level student of Lead City University, Ibadan, Moshood Owolabi, to death by hanging for stabling his fellow student, Seun Kolawole, to death, two years ago.
This judgement was delivered on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
NAN reports that Owolabi of the Physical and Health Education Department was responsible for the death of Kolawole as he stabbed him with a bottle two years ago which resulted to his death.
The judge said the counsel prosecuting the case, Mr A. Olawale, a Deputy Director in the Oyo State Ministry of Justice had proved the case beyond reasonable doubt.
He said that the evidence before him showed that the accused committed the offence as charged.
Justice Gbolagunte further held that the accused should be sentenced to death by hanging to serve as a deterrent to others, urging parents to always monitor their children to prevent them from misbehaving.
Olawale had earlier told the court that the convict stabbed Kolawole with a broken bottle in the neck, following a misunderstanding between him and the deceased.
He said that the injury sustained as a result of the stabbing resulted to the death of Kolawole.
The said incident happened on Jan. 12, 2014 at toll-gate area of Ibadan and the offence is punishable under Section 319 of the Criminal Code Cap. 38 Vol. II Law of Oyo State 2000.
- I Beat My Wife Because of the Recession – Husband Tells Court
- President Buhari Approves of New Appointment Three Days After Resumption
- Senate rejects Magu as EFCC Chairman, Again
- Goalkeeper who allegedly killed his girlfriend and fed her to his dogs, signs for new club
- Mercy Johnson Okojie appointed as the new SSA by Governor Bello of Kogi State